Thursday was my first day back in the pharmacy...it was also the first full day away from my little girl. I think the anticipation and the thought of being away from her for the first time was the hardest...in fact I now know it was because now at the end of my third work day it is all ok. Is it still a little stomach dropping when I kiss her good-bye in the morning?, Yes, but I also have enjoyed getting back to the "real" world and I think it will also make me appreciate the days I do have to hang with my babe. I know I am lucky to be working part-time, that I don't have to do the full time weeks, I think I have the best of both worlds...now I just wish my feet and back would get back to being able to handle 12 hour days without aching so bad at the end :). Back at it tomorrow and then a week off to spend down in Roseburg with my mom at the Red Hat Society Convention!....what a crazy weekend that is going to be.
Little miss is almost 4 months old...I can hardly believe it. I realized the other day that she is no longer my newborn, a very bitter-sweet thought. I love that she is so interactive and smiles and now even laughs and not just when she has gas but in response to a funny face or song but there is also a part of me that misses my newborn. I have a feeling that each new milestone will bring the same...excitement for the progression and growth but a longing to hold on to a little bit of the previous stage.
One of those milestones is being more comfortable on her stomach and being able to lift her head and herself up onto her forearms. It is amazing what a little head control can do. I was able to get a few photos of her....it wasn't until the very end of a long belly session that I even thought to grab the camera to capture my heavy headed kid looking up at me in a new way.
2 comments:
hey suza! one of your trips to rsbg - we'll have to plan a brief stop in vancouver so we can meet for coffee. Would love to get caught up and meet your beautiful little girl :)
Uh oh- you are already nostalgic for a younger child at 4 months? You have a long life in front of you momma! So glad you were able to get back into the pharmacy. Along with being an amazing mother you are also an amazing pharmacist and the RX world needs you!
Can't wait until my visit. I'll be in touch in the next few weeks to make our plans.
Post a Comment