One of the best things about Whistler's Bend park is that it has an awesome disc golf course. We played Friday night when we got there after setting up camp. The four of us, and the dogs, started out on the 9th hole since it was the closest to our camp. Around hole 15 a young guy caught up to us and ended up playing a couple of holes with our group. He told us he was camping in the group camping area with the NA group. Matt asked him what "NA" was....Narcotics Anonymous. The ironic part was that on Saturday they had some sort of festival/activities down at the park that...how should I put this....seemed to have some activities going on that would be tempting to an NA member.
David making a throw on the disc golf course. The boys played 72 holes over the weekend....you would think they would get tired of it after a while :)
Matt throwing off this huge hill. I think they like this hole since it makes them feel like they are throwing really far. I tried this hole only once, I lost my disc and slid down the slick grass hill 5 times....that was enough for me.
I think David was going to try to fly off the hill next. Man, these guys get into this!!
Matt taking a bow after making his great shot. Actually I think he was just happy he didn't throw it off the cliff. You can see behind him is the river and a very steep cliff!We got a hint of these activities when we went down to play horse shoes Saturday afternoon. The group in the pit next to us had to be on something :) They were drawn to our "shiney" horse shoes and wanted to buy them off of us. We should have taken them up on the offer because a little while later, David threw one of the horse shoes and it just broke in half! So much for cheap toys...even if they are shiney!
It was pretty hot and dusty over the weekend so the boys decided to take a bath in the Umpqua river. Krystal and I were going to go in for a swim until we saw the boys' faces when they got in, we settled for putting our feet in :).
Riggs watching David taking a bath in the Umpqua river.Tasha did pretty well this weekend. She ended up sleeping in the tent with us. Matt got out to go to the bathroom and when he got back, someone had taken his place :) Anyways, Happy Birthday Randy! Sorry we didn't come up and party with you all....we just couldn't pass up a chance to finally use our tent!
No comments:
Post a Comment