Sunday, June 21, 2009

Camping at Whistler Bend and Rylie's first swim lesson

So many of you know that Matt and I are in Kauai right now and may be wondering what is with this title and post. Well, I figured that I hadn't got these photos up yet and I have some extra time to do this sort of thing here on vacation that while I collected a few more photos of our trip, I would catch up on some posting that is long overdue. So, here are the photos from our camping trip to Whistlers Bend park over memorial day weekend and some of Rylie's first time going to the swimming pool. I have included the post I had originally typed for our camping trip but had saved as a draft for the past 3 weeks since I didn't have the photos to go along with it. I plan on trying to post every couple of days during our trip here....we will see how that goes :) No promises!!

Here we go...

Written 5/31

Sorry for the delay on these photos, I was waiting on my new computer....don't have all the photo stuff downloaded yet but working on it :) Please bare with me that the program I have to work with is a different one so none of the photos are cropped or messed with since I have no clue how to do it yet with this thing!

Anyways, we all had a great time camping, playing disc golf and hanging out. Matt and I got there on Wednesday night to make sure with the Memorial day crowd that we would have a spot. Oh, I think we got there in plenty of time :) David joined us for a round of disc golf on Wed night and camped from Thursday night on along with little miss Rylie. The rest of the crew; Krystal, Bryce, Beth and Jacob showed up Friday. We even had some dinner guests on Friday night; Kari, Ryan, Asa, Rogan, Rasha, Steve, Cedric, Debbie and Orlie all came out for the evening! It was a mini reunion :) We were actually talking about (actually Kari came up with this) getting together a camping family reunion at the group sites at Whislter Bend tentatively scheduled for early August '10....yes I know that is a long way off but with this family you have to!!!!

Anyways, hope everyone had a good relaxing holiday weekend off. Ours was great until we got back to Corvallis and I got the news that my manager is quitting effective next Friday....which just means crazy chaos for the next couple of months :( oh well. Here are some pics from camping;

"yeah, so what if I have a dirty face, I'm camping out here ya know!"




Rogan (7 months) and Rylie (10 months)



Uncle Bryce decided Rylie needed Cheerio horns


Sorry Krystal, I know you just woke up but I had to put this up with Rylie's "Alfalfa" style going on


Crazy Aunt Bethany

The ever inviting, ever mesmerizing fire


A couple of weeks after our camping trip, Matt and I headed back down to Roseburg so Matt and David could play in a disc golf tournament together. From the sounds of it, they both had a great time. Although they both returned home on Sunday completely sleep deprived and exhausted. (I didn't think disc golf was that strenuous!) Anyways, while the boys were playing I stayed at my parents house and hung out. Krystal and I did take Rylie to the YMCA to take her into the pool for the first time and see if she was going to take after her mom or aunt and be a great swimmer! Well, I think you can see from the photos that the answer to that question is YES. She absolutely loved it and was smiling and giggling the whole time.








Underwater


Re-surfacing




That was fun!





Ok, now that I am caught up, get ready for some Hawaii photos!!

No comments:

Mexico 2006

Mexico 2006
Although this was the end of our trip, I thought this would be a good picture for the beginning of this website