Today Fiona had her 4 month check-up. I was really excited to see Dr. M and get his opinion on sleep and solid foods and development and all the more interesting things now that she is older and not just a little munchkin that eats/sleeps and poops all day. I guess I am just a little disappointed at the time spent with the Dr. He hasn't seen her in 2 months and all he did was check the height/weight/head circumference numbers that his nurse took, listened to her heart, checked her eyes and asked me if I had problems with allergies. Ok, so now that I write it down it seems like more than it did in the office but I thought he would just go into more detail. In one way I should be happy he is like this (and one of the reasons I liked him in the first place), he doesn't put a lot of his own opinions on you and is pretty laid back about things. Maybe the problem is that I hear of other friend's Dr.s that want to hear about everything their kid is doing from sleep patterns to poop patterns to eating schedules. And, like with our kids, I shouldn't compare Dr.s either because they are all so different and have their own ways of doing things.
The fact is that Fiona is a perfectly healthy little girl and is developing right on schedule. She is 14 lbs and 27.25 inches long. She has been great about going to bed at night (7:30 pretty consistently) and taking more regular naps (yeah, I can finally get a few chores around the house done!) but these improvements seem to come at the cost of night time sleep :( Around her 2 month appointment she was sleeping 8-10 hours straight, waking to eat and sleeping another 3 hours, now I get 6-7 hours with a wake up at least once in there (not to eat), then hungry and awake every 2-3 hours after that. I think I am more tired now then I was when she was a newborn! I know that they go through phases, I just can't wait to get though this one!
All in all a good appointment and day. It is a bright and sunny one here in Seattle...going to go enjoy it and take Tasha and Fi on a walk...hope it is as nice where you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment