Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What we have been doing instead of blogging!

A catch up of the summer activities that have kept the blogging to a minimum.  I don't think, until this week, that there has been a week since the end of May that I have not been working, on a trip, getting ready for a trip or cleaning up from just getting back from being gone.  So here we go.  I've already posted the pics from Hawaii, didn't have many from Brad's graduation so we start with;

Trip to Roseburg:

Took a few days to visit Oma and Opa with Fiona, (dropped Tasha off at her brother's in Corvallis on the way down), to hang out at the "farm".  We hadn't been down since just after her first birthday so it was a totally different experience with a walking, talking toddler.  She loved feeding all the animals, holding the bunnies and giving the horse carrots.

my little outdoor girl

Cousin Rylie came over to play

Fiona's rabbit Abbott (aka Abby)

Trip to Salt Lake City:

The end of July saw my first solo trip without monkey or Matt to visit my friends Catherine and Ian and their 6 month old twins.  These are the friends I met while studying in New Zealand and they have since moved to the States.  I decided not to bring Fiona so I would have more time to help/play/visit without running after a toddler.  What cute kids, and such good babies but it was still overwhelming with 2 of them!


Serafina and Taine








 Happy 6 month Birthday!!

Happy Family

Favorite pic of Mr. Taine
Fav of Mom and Serafina

Can't visit SLC and not go to Temple square...what an amazing building

Trip 3, Surprise 30th in Bend:

At the beginning of August, Fiona and I flew down to Bend to surprise my friend Susie for her 30th birthday.  It was great fun planning with Cambria (my other partner in crime and pharmacy buddy) how and when to make the great "Surprise".  It was hard for everyone to keep their mouths shut....Susie and I were planning a trip to Vegas for middle of August and many times I almost said "when I see you in Bend" or something like that.  Susie's mom Sheri and a couple of moments of trying to figure out a reason that Susie shouldn't or couldn't make a hair appointment for one of the days I would be there.  It was great getting together with my 2 best friends and their kiddos and just hanging out.  We went to the county fair, to a BBQ and floated the river (kids were with grandma Sheri).  


Surprised at work

Blurry but you get the idea :)

 Hanging with Broch-man

Apparently Brooklyn said something pretty funny

Fiona and Chase
Their first lunch "date"

Kiddos with Grandma Sheri

The crew at the fair
We were the BOB stroller clan...
....see what I mean!

my 2 besties and all the kiddos (Susie is 8 weeks preggo here too!)

Fiona loved snow cones from a cup

Her first pony ride

The kids loved all the animals...although Chase wasn't too impressed when a pig sneezed all over him :)


Cambria and Broch

Grandma Sheri and Chase

Cute pic of Chase

Fiona a Brooklyn...best of friends, until....

....she becomes a pest and throws grass all over her.

Cutie Brooklyn

Trip 4;  Las Vegas:

I actually don't have any pics to post from LV.  I took a few on my I-phone but haven't got them downloaded yet.  Matt and I went down with our friends Susie (yes the same one I had just visited) and her husband John to go see Garth Brooks.  Oma and Opa came up to watch the munchkin while we had a very relaxing 4 days of laying by the pool, eating and going to KA and Garth.  KA was great but Garth was just so awesome.  So happy we were invited to go because I don't think Matt and I would have ever made the trip to see the show otherwise and now we are thinking about going again!

And although I am out of trip pictures, this does not mean the trips are done.  Fiona, Oma and I will be heading down to San Diego in a couple of weeks for a visit and the next day Matt and I are heading off to Boston for a friends wedding!  Oh, and did I mention the pharmacy I work at is being remodeled and so everyone has been working overtime?  But so you all don't think we have any down time and just enjoy the day, here are a few pics from this past weekend at the park....

Fiona loves her big "sis" Audrey

gotta get the sleeves rolled up to play

 Our sweet little girl


Congrats to Stacy and Paul on their new little girl!  Good luck to "any day now" Liz and Laird with their first. You're almost there, can't wait to see you guys to Beth and Jacob!! And, just a couple of more months for Jenny and Jesse's first little girl :)  I want to see photos from everyone!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wowzers... I feel like I need a vacation after reading about all of your vacations busy lady! Fun summer for sure. I need to get you guys over here for BBQ/poker/puppy party!

Mexico 2006

Mexico 2006
Although this was the end of our trip, I thought this would be a good picture for the beginning of this website