Sunday, August 3, 2008

Baby Rylie

So my little niece Rylie decided to come early and was born very conveniently on Saturday 8/2 at 12:31 in the afternoon. She weighed in at 6 lbs 13 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. She has a full head of hair and long finger like toes....remind you of anyone? :) Krystal had gone to the hospital on Thursday with contractions but was sent home that evening. We didn't get a call on Friday so I thought that it was just a false alarm.....well I was wrong and David called at 6 AM on Saturday morning to tell us that Krystal's water had broken and that they were going into the hospital. Pam and George had stayed at our house Friday night and with our remodel we had 1 operational bathroom, I have never seen 4 people take showers and get ready in 1 bathroom as quick as we did! We got to Mercy Hospital in Roseburg at 8:30 AM, and just a few short hours and a slightly delayed epidural later little miss Rylie was born. I was able to be in the delivery room during the birth (Thank you Krystal!!) and it was one of the coolest things I have seen. Krystal was a total trooper and was so calm and steady through the whole thing! I think they must always pick the loud screaming women that have problems to show on the Discovery channel or something :) Even baby was super calm. She cried just a little at first and then was really calm. She wasn't too happy about her shots and definitely likes to be all bundled up and held. Mom and baby were doing great so they were able to get out of the hospital almost exactly 24 hours later. So welcome baby Rylie.....here are the photos.




Little Rylie just minutes after being born.

Amma Pam (yes amma, not grandma) holding granddaughter Rylie.

A rare open eye shot. The lights are just a little too bright :)

Happy and content after her first bath given by David.

Look at those perfect little fingers! Bummer I didn't get a photo of the feet and toes to go along with those fingers :)

David and baby girl Rylie all bundled up and happy.

No comments:

Mexico 2006

Mexico 2006
Although this was the end of our trip, I thought this would be a good picture for the beginning of this website