Friday, October 30, 2009

Fiona Leanne 10/28/09 8:47 AM 9 lbs 8 oz. 22 inches


Better late than never...it has been a crazy couple of days...I know, I should have known :) Anyways here is the story of Miss Fiona and just a couple of pictures...not super ones but I haven't even picked up the camera yet...I promise there will be plenty :)

Late Tuesday night (10 PM) Fiona decided that she did not want to wait for the next morning and as I sat down to watch the rest of the Blazer game and get ready for bed...my water broke. I thought I would have a couple of hours to slowly get to the hospital but within a 1/2 hour the contractions were starting to double me over and we headed to the hospital. By the time we got there (<10 minutes) I could barely walk in. We got checked in and situated, but before they could do too much up came the small amount of dinner I had been able to eat that night. So change of gown and bedding and got the IV started. I let them know that I was interested in an epidural and was pleased when she was able to get me started within the next hour. Problem was it was only taking on the left side not the right. It helped with the pain in general but could still feel a good amount...so they tried giving me a bolus dose...which made the left side even more numb. I was progressing about 1 cm/hour so by 7:45 AM it was time to push. By this time we had watched 4 Harry Potter movies :). After about of pushing a very loud vocal Fiona made her appearance...I just couldn't believe how big she was...how did that fit in my belly? I think the MD was a little nervous that there was going to be issues with a big baby, he brought in even another nurse to help out but everything went awesome and the fun began.

We were able to check out the next day about noon and we have all been getting adjusted to life at home. She is a very vocal infant and lets you know when something is up...which is most of the time. We had an appointment this afternoon and the MD thinks that since she is a big baby that she is just getting hungrier than what I can provide right now so he suggested supplementing with formula. It seems to be helping...I am writing this now since I was able to put her down in her crib satisfied :)

So hopefully we will continue to get things figured out and I will be able to start taking more pictures of our beautiful little girl. As you can see from the pictures she has a full head of hair (don't know where that came from since both Matt and I were baldies), and chubby little cheeks.

Thanks to all for your calls/texts/emails...I promise we will get back to you if we haven't and I will start posting pictures.....




No comments:

Mexico 2006

Mexico 2006
Although this was the end of our trip, I thought this would be a good picture for the beginning of this website