So finally in Seattle...house all empty in Corvallis :( it is pretty sad...hard to leave when so much sweat and hard work was put into that house...oh well. Friday I thought we would also be having Fiona there too (not at the house but at least bringing her back there!) So because I am up at 3 AM and need something quiet to do (not unpacking boxes or laundry) here is the run down of the last few days....
Friday I went in for my last appointment with my Corvallis doc...most of my appointments up to this point have been pretty uneventful (a good thing I know), well they asked if I wanted to be checked to see if I was starting to dilate and since I hadn't been checked yet and since this was my last appointment with them I said...sure. (little did I know the consequences of that 4 letter word). So the MD did a check and said "wow, you are 2 cm dilated and 80-90% effaced, that's pretty good for how far along you are" (38w5days)....I was pretty amazed myself since I really hadn't been having any contractions as far as I could tell. I joked with her that I was suppose to ask if she would induce me since all my gals at work would love to see Fiona before I left for Seattle on Sunday...and she told me (obviously) no she couldn't do that but she could "strip my membrane" to see if that would get things going since I was already thinning out...once again that darn 4 letter word...SURE. Anyways she did that and apparently just by going back in there caused me to go from 2 to a 3 cm....she said just to be sure that I should stop by labor and delivery the next day (Sat) before I decided to head up to Seattle since I had progressed so easily...by this time I was sure miss Fiona was going to be a Corvallis baby!
So after my appointment I went to work....not the smartest thing in the world since by this time I was super nauseated and achy...but I needed to get stuff done since this was my last day before my maternity leave...needless to say I got nothing done (serves the big wigs right for not getting my replacement earlier but sorry to the gals for having to deal with the craziness!), and was having such a hard time concentrating that my wonderful girls at work sent me to go back to the clinic to make sure I wasn't going into labor. Well I ended up going back to my Dr.'s office, a nurse just came out and talked to me, said "you look way too happy to be in labor" asked a few more questions and sent me home.
Next morning (Sat) ran some errands (and went on a long walk with Krystal and Rylie) and started to pack things up. By 1 PM I was having contractions pretty consistently every 2 minutes (I was sure this was it) but I waited until 2:30 to go into the hospital....the MD yesterday told me to anyways so I thought I was pretty safe.....long story short, I was admitted, walked the hallways a lot, had some contractions but didn't progress at all so they sent me home and said unless things change go ahead and head up to Seattle....so here I am and that is the super long update :)
Sorry no fun pics on this one...maybe I'll take some of the house (mostly the outside since the inside is still a disaster) and post later today....got to keep myself busy since I am officially on maternity leave!!
No comments:
Post a Comment