Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ultrasound

So I had my ultrasound yesterday to make sure there was the right amount of fluid since I was measuring small. They measure from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus and the number of centimeters usually correspond with the number of weeks pregnant you are. Well last week at my appt the MD measured 38 and then at my appt Tue measured 35 1/2....so that's the reason for the ultrasound...he thought I might be leaking fluid which would not be good and mean we needed to get her out sooner. She had been moving quite a bit and had good heartbeats at every appointment that I wasn't too worried but wouldn't pass up the opportunity to make sure and to see her!

Anyways everything looked good, fluid was fine although the munchkin was definitely smooshed in there...I was hoping to be able to post some photos from the ultrasound but to be honest it was really hard to see anything! They did some measurements on her stomach and head circumference and femur length to help determine how big of a baby she is....well both the tech and we were surprised when it showed she was about 10 lbs 2 ounces!! Now the technician also admitted that the results can be 20% off....hopefully she is 20% to the smaller side! My MD is pretty skeptical that there is a 10 lb baby hanging out in my belly....only time will tell. All Matt could do for the rest of the day was laugh, I guess the look on my face was of total shock. I have decided that I am not making any more predictions about this little (maybe huge) girl. I was so sure at the beginning that I was having a boy and this time I was sure she was going to be 6-7 lbs...guess my job as a psychic is done :)

Had a few contractions last night after my appointment...but not much this AM...she is having way too much fun in there...maybe I'll start jumping on a trampoline or something!! :)

I promise one of these days there will be something more fun to tune into than just my long ramblings...I hope :)

No comments:

Mexico 2006

Mexico 2006
Although this was the end of our trip, I thought this would be a good picture for the beginning of this website